My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, October 23, 2015

It's Really True, You Know

Surviving things makes you better and stronger, which means the simple act of surviving something brings healing to you.

Odd though, because we all know that at the same time surviving something can bring you illness and such.

I guess that's the difference between the spiritual and the physical.

But I digress.

I just wanted to say that I'm still glad I'm a drinker.
And that I have the skills to define sobriety and moderation for myself.
I really enjoyed my alcohol-free day yesterday... but now... hey!...