My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Not Surprisingly, I'm Getting Some Flak For My Innocent Post On The Forum

I'm referring to my post yesterday at The 30-Day Sobriety Solution forum that I shared here on my blog yesterday.

The flak does not come from Dave or Jack (the writers/founders). They freely allow my posts and my thinking and they honor my journey. They honor and respect everyone's journeys. The 30-Day Sobriety Solution is not affiliated with AA. 

Here's a response I got at the forum:

Jaya,

I'm not sure "focusing on sobriety" by getting high Is the way to go. You're replacing a bad habit by another one. Don't you want to try other ways to deal with your anxiety? Yoga, meditation, exercice, tapping etc? It really works...
That to me is the real challenge. To face my fears, my anxiety, my problems without any use of ANYTHING and learning healthy ways to take care of myself. If you've been trying and trying to be a "moderate drinker" and you haven't succeeded by now... Can't you consider that you might have to accept the fact that you shouldn't drink anymore?
Is that something you could consider? If you did once, it must have been out of control no? It shouldn't be that hard Jaya...
I feel for you. You mentionned you have an illeness, hope it's not to serious. Good luck with the challenge. I've been sober for 3 months now. Followed the book's solutions to the letter and I feel AMAZING. I'm starting it again this week end just to take it in and go deeper. So grateful for this life saving and Life changent book...

Good luck

My response: 

I bravely posted my truth even though I expected posts like yours. It’s CultAA-speak, and it’s SO WRONG. No offense.
Cannabis helps thousands of people heal addictions, and it heals the body at the same time. (not everyone can use it or would even want to though)
I’m 59, have never had a problem with weed and never will. After my mid-20s I didn’t even touch it for three decades. (But now it’s legal in most states!)
I may or may not use it to get high on occasion, but if I do, it will be perfectly AOK, AS LONG AS IT DOESN’T MAKE ME WANT TO DRINK.
My doctor advises me to micro-dose, and I will mostly do so with CBD which does NOT make you high even in normal doses. I’m not using anything today because I don’t feel the need to. I’m enjoying my Day 1!
Our wonderful 30-Day book quotes recovered alcoholic Stephen King. Many people don’t know that he’s an example of how using weed has been a successful substitute for alcohol.
My advice is, everyone has to figure out for themselves if cannabis products are in their best interest or not, and not to judge anyone for using it.
BTW, I’ve lived most of my life as a substance-free woman. I tended to be a binge-drinker.
Yes, I am Very Ill and can’t do much physical activity of any kind. I think that finally starting to get comfy with cannabis will be a lifesaver!
I’m excited for you and I applaud your success! What a good example you are!
Jaya
Her response back;

I guess I hit a nerve... Sorry about that. No, not in AA. Tried it and didn't work for me. It didn't feel like a cult though. I never gave Them that power and never felt like they wanted to take power over me. I see you justifying yourself and being very defensive. I guess you might have felt attacked by me. I apologize. You have your journey and I have mine. Let's leave it at that. This is bad energy for everyone,  I apologize for that too.

My response back:
I apologize too. “CultAA-Speak” is universal. It’s part of the “recovery movement mentality” and everyone is subject to it, no matter who they are or even if they drink or not and have never been to a meeting!
May You Be Blessed! : )

And here's a response from someone else!:

Troll post?
Stay away 30 day solution people.
It's a trap.
Bye

My response:

HUH?? ?
Gosh, addicts can be so MEAN.
Also, I have a blog where since the beginning of the year I have been endorsing, promoting and singing the praises of The 30-Day Sobriety Solution since I found it.
May You Be Blessed

********

 Clearly that troll comment was from a CultAA-Nazi! Well, blog readers, these are simply more examples of how the entire country is brainwashed by CultAA-Mentality. Things like that if you have a drinking problem it means you can't even use cannabis even if you've never had a problem with it. And things like labeling all problem drinkers as "alcoholics" who can never drink again (even if not in those words, by intention), even though that's not true for most people. 

It's well accepted by the majority of thinkers that AA is indeed a Cult. Even the courts label it a religion. AA is also responsible for hundreds if not thousands of suicides (links in right margin).

Anyway, I'm not going to allow any of this to get me down, and I will continue to speak my mind, as long as I'm, hopefully, not attacking anyone. I aim to heal myself and help heal others.

On to enjoying my Day 2 of the program and of abstinence!