My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Very Excited And Confident

This begins Day 2 of my 30 Days of Abs.

I'm stoked and so ready for this.

If not for MM, I wouldn't have even thought to calculate in my mind how long it had been since I went a month without drinking. I was reading in their literature online the suggestion to do a 30 annually... and that got me counting how long I've been drinking more than once a month!

It feels really good to be a part of drinking/sobriety support groups again, I must say! It has been a lot of years.

MM is better than it used to be (last time I was in it was way back in 2000, and I left and quit drinking because of what happened with its founder, Audrey Kishline. May she rest in peace; she passed away not too long ago I am told.

HAMS is also better for me than ever before. I've been in and out of HAMS for feels like two decades.... but is probably more like 1 1/2! ;)

And LPP is knocking it out of the park for me!

I'm going to post the links to these wonderful, healing organizations to the right.

Today will be the free 30 minute coaching consultation call with Shelly from LPP. Really looking forward to that. She's been reading and reviewing my exercises through the program.


NOTE:  I LOVE LOVE LOVE knowing that I get to drink again! I'm really looking forward to it, just as much as I'm looking forward to being alcohol-free for 30 days!

When else in my life have I created this opportunity for myself? NEVER. For three decades the only time I abstained was when I made the decision for permanent abstinence. I believe I did try to abstain without that mind-set, a long time ago, and failed. I seem to have always needed to trick my mind into thinking it was sober forever in order to maintain long-term abstinence. I know that has Everything to do with AAs brainwashing. (GOD I HATE AA!!!!)(For too many reasons to count!). Clearly, I never meant it: permanent sobriety! LOL! I have been a binge drinker forever, but not no mo! Now I simply drink when I want and don't drink when I don't want! :)

Thank God for men like Kenneth Anderson of HAMS, and Stanton Peele of LPP.