My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Low thyroid (TSH too low)
Chest pains in the night after drinking too much
A more thorough examination of how much I've actually been drinking (based on alcohol % in drinks)

These are some important reasons I'm drastically cutting back on drinking, and working my way towards drinking only once a week. ....Actually, I'm now prepared to do whatever it takes to make that my practice!

I'd been drinking more than I realized and that's cray-cray.
For example, my fav Omission gluten-free Pale Ale is actually 7 standard drinks in a 6-pack. Drat!

This calculator is easy to use to determine how many standard drinks you drink.
It's not necessary to choose from the drop-down menu if you don't require it, just type in the alcohol % number and the size of the drink to get how many standard drinks it equals.

Link: Drink Size Calculator

I chose to drink 6 standard drinks yesterday (wine) because (there's a wonderful rain storm here!!!) yesterday was the day my birth mother, whom I choose to be and need to be orphaned from, will have received the note I sent her, and it's a very painful and emotional time for me. I'll probably post about it on my other blog soon.
My TSH thyroid being so low causes added fatigue to my ME/CFS, and additionally causes depression. Alcohol is the only thing that gives me any relief.
In several weeks my TSH will be back to normal, making it much easier to LIVE, and live more alcohol-free. I'm already feeling a bit better after a week of upping my NatureThroid dose.
I'd already been having more alcohol-free days than drinking days, but I was drinking more than I knew I was drinking on drinking days! : (

I'm also still working on using healing cannabis more than alcohol on drinking days. I still don't like pot without booze first.