My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Keeping It 100!---Always!



Keeping It Real---Being Authentic---Telling The Truth!

I'm definitely making progress in cutting back on drinking! I decided to revise my Sobrietist's Drinking Plan this morning, after drinking yesterday unplanned. Before yesterday I had two substance-free days in a row; something I've been doing for a while.

My plan was to drink only once a week, and it still is, but I think a more realistic and practical approach for me is to taper-off until I soon reach my goal. It's been months since I had more than two 0 days in a row. So, my new plan starting today is to do three 0 days, then drink, followed by four 0 days, then a drinking day, then five 0 days, then drink, then six 0 days, then drink. And from then on drink once a week!

I've got my loving, supportive little family helping me achieve my goal. ðŸ˜‡ Whatever it takes, like my plan of putting myself on lockdown! My girls can have possession of my car key, and they can inspect whatever I bring home when I shop or run errands!

I remember thinking and feeling how rather easy it would have been for me to choose not to drink yesterday and have a third 0 day in a row---but I chose to drink anyway. I'm not sure why except that I really wanted to drink. And, the beer was here so I went for it!

Jaya, 
Moderation Is King!
Moderation Is Everything!