My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Depressed But Sober

Grieving a lot. Personal matters.
Was a positive drinking experience Monday. Since then I am choosing to abstain, out of sheer desire, for many days.
I know there are readers watching me, expecting me to fail, even wanting me to fail at becoming a consistent moderate drinker (the CultAA Nazis who blatantly call me "an alcoholic in denial!").
(I should add that I can't blame my attackers because, after all, they have been brainwashed to think that way.)
But I know there are even more readers rooting for me and believing in me.
And I know I'm helping and inspiring others, just as the programs I'm in are helping and inspiring me.