My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, March 21, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Was A Disaster!, But Since Then...

I'm doing Very Well! I was happily alcohol-free the past three days. I LOVE sobriety! That's my edge, I think; Loving sobriety helps one be a Sobrietist. (Note: Sobriety has to be defined by each person.) I love substance-free days probably more than drinking days, but I will remain an "alcohol enthusiast" to be sure. 

I'm still working my way towards my desired goal of drinking only once a week. It's just what I want and prefer and desire. But I'm choosing to drink moderately today. I'll tell you the truth tomorrow if I was successful or not. 

One thing I recognize that can't be overestimated in its importance as to why I chose to cut back on drinking rather than quit drinking is that I don't have family, etc. who demand or want me to quit drinking. If I did? I'd quit drinking! My family supports me in my journey and in my goal. They continue to do so because they are seeing great progress in me.

I'm very blessed, but it isn't being EASY to learn to consistently moderate. It's downright Horrid at times. But in honoring my commitment, and in never giving up, I am succeeding, slowly but surely!

May You Be Blessed


Jaya