My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Made A Commitment Not To Drink Until Thanksgiving

I'm not going to lie, it's not going to be easy not to drink until then!
But I'm going to do it anyway.
I've gotten into a very bad habit of getting drunk every time I drink, which is almost everyday lately.
I'm in the deepest emotional pain of my life over my so-called mother and the rest of my family of origin, whom I now know for sure I'll NEVER be able to achieve healing and reunion with.
Drinking has been a great escape, but it's probably killing me.
I need a break from alcohol so I can resume moderate drinking. That is sobriety to me: moderation and abstinence days.
My little family and I are looking forward to Thanksgiving together, yummy eats, perhaps margaritas, and perhaps games or a movie or a walk in the park. : D
I had to ask friends how to make a margarita! Cuz I drink my tequila mixed with structured water only!