My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

More Incentive For Me To Not OverDrink

Being old and being sick means drinking too much is causing me a lot of hip pain. Must be arthritis or ME/CFS----but the bottom line is it's INFLAMMATION.

I just know that when I truly move past this drinking-too-much phase, the hip pain will subside.

There is a personal news update that suggests good reason to believe I will regain control of my life again. It has to do with Matt's favorite meditation, "Let Life Win." Let life win and you are free.

I can't talk about it yet, and I'll explain why after Thanksgiving. But the steps I'm taking are making my loved ones even more proud of me.

So, on another topic, I wonder if I'll need to take a hiatus from drinking to heal the hip pain, or if drinking only 0 - 4 in a day will do the trick?

I haven't been ready/able to drink that little (except for the abs days I still do) all the time; in fact, most of the days I drink I go overboard even by as much as 8 drinks; but not as often as I was prior to my last post.

I don't know about other people, but I must need it for now. The emotional pain I've been going through has been unfathomable and unbearable; I've been deeply, deeply suffering because of my FOO (family of origin). The things I learned this year... OMG.... the level of abuse... and of their minimizing it or denying it... OMG. My entire central nervous system is SHOT TO HELL.

But I know time will heal this to a great degree now that they are out of my life again.
I also know everything that happens to me is designed to grow me spiritually.

I'm aware, very aware, that the holiday season is going to be HARD for me, especially given that childhood memories of Christmas were so happy, same with Thanksgiving.