My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Actually, One Single Beer Was The Way To Go Last Night

Wow, one Omission gluten-free Pale Ale at 6:30 while sitting cross-legged on the floor wrapping Christmas presents was better than abstaining. It eased the physical aches in my hips and lower back, and it eased the bit of stress I happened to be in then. And then I guess it was the hops that helped me have a perfect night's sleep last night. (That's why hops-blend tea is recommended two or three hours before bedtime, btw.)

Hmm, though, I still don't see myself becoming a daily drinker, even if it's just 1!

GO MODERATION!

When we act according to our own values, we have integrity.

My drinking values are 0-3, sometimes 4.