My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, December 21, 2015

I Trust That This Is Lasting Moderation :D

Just a note for those new to my blog. :)

I KNOW my being a moderate drinker is here to stay, for several reasons! :D (But, yes, time will tell!)

Some of the reasons in random order:

  • My little family sees it and trusts the change!
  • I FEEL that things have shifted in my mind and body
  • I no longer crave alcohol; I'm simply an "alcohol enthusiast" like MSNBCs Rachel Maddow and thousands of others!
  • I no longer desire to drink more than my personally designed drinking plan         (0-3-or-4 standard drinks, seldomly 5-6---when it's appropriate to party hearty!)
  • I frequently drink only 0, or 1, or 2 standard drinks when I drink
  • There Is Absolutely NO "White-Knuckling" Goin' On
  • I Magically, Miraculously switched to drinking moderately one month ago on the heels of several months of drinking heavily*

....*That last one has NEVER happened before. For decades the only time I could moderate my drinking was after being alcohol-free for a long time; and then, it would never last; I'd always get right back to problem drinking within a couple of weeks.


PLEASE email me your experiences if you are a moderate drinker who conquered a drinking problem (anonymously if you want), and I'll include your story in the book I'm going to write. :D


jaya.rainbow.angel@gmail.com