My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Just Checking In



This blog could become obsolete, huh!  W o r t h  it---if so!

My present moderation plan: 0-3 standard drinks. 'Twas 0-4. And I had a lot of trouble drinking less than 6-8 on drinking days pre-Thanksgivingtime those many weeks, remember? And then I sent that bye-bye letter to my FOO (family of origin), and, as if a curse was broken, started drinking moderately again. Shit, if you knew my entire drinking history, you'd understand what a Miracle that truly is. : )

But... you gotta stay tuned... for a while.... to see how it actually goes!!

Also new for me: I don't start drinking until 5pm on drinking days, and it's effortless to wait that long. I would very often start with a liquid lunch and proceed from there, or I'd start around 3pm. And I really enjoyed getting my buzz-on during the days I drank like that! So this is totally RADICAL what I'm doing here; the past many days; with many 0 days thrown in (I love my 0 days!)!

I'm halfway through this new beer I picked up at Whole Foods (treat us to shopping there once a month):


May You Be Blessed!