My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

I Had Such Fun Last Night! :D ---- And A Request

Wow, this drinking life just gets better and better!

Not only do I get to enjoy moderating regularly: 0-3 or 4 standard drinks, but I get to over-indulge once in a while, with No Problem! :D

(Again, take THAT CultAA!) ;)

I did not expect that! I mean, I did expect to not be perfect and to have 5 or 6 drinks at times, but I didn't expect it to be consequence-free for me. In other words, sometimes it's simply time to party hearty! I didn't have any consequences in the night, and no hangover today. That might be because the drinking/smoking cannabis experience was such a happy one, and also because of the two 5mg Valiums I took at bedtime. That stuff is a great aid in times like this. (I have always used Valium very lightly and a 30-pill Rx will last me two years sometimes, and will always last no less than 3 months, but usually it's quite a bit longer. I don't just take it when I've had too much to drink, you see, I sometimes take one to help me fall asleep when I'm having trouble doing so.) .....Not to mention that the last 2 drinks of 6 were silver tequila, not beer like the first 4 (silver tequila being easier on my system). ....I started drinking early yesterday; 3 pm! That's because I had presents to wrap and it helps ease the pain in my hips and lower back when sitting cross-legged on the floor. The times I had only 1 drink this month were the times I was wrapping presents!)

All this POSITIVITY does for me is motivate and inspire me to moderate even more, even better.

I see myself drinking less and less as the months go on.

Last night, watching John Lennon's 75th Birthday Special with all those FANTABULOUS artists performing Lennon's AMAZING songs-----it was like I was 22 again! Partying gives me the energy and body-painlessness to dance my ass off ! I was 23 when he transitioned to the other side; he is still so very much alive and part of us, and last night proved it! I loved seeing Yoko and hearing her few and so perfectly appropriate words last night. What a deep bond those two still have: TRUE Twin Souls!!

I also performed an act of good citizenship in my neighborhood last night, but that's another story!

I've absolutely GOTTA write a book based on this blog.

IF YOU ARE A FELLOW SUCCESSFUL MODERATOR WITH A STORY OF RECOVERY, PLEASE EMAIL ME! I'D LOVE TO INCLUDE YOUR STORIES AND EXPERIENCES IN MY BOOK! ANONYMITY IS FINE!

jaya.rainbow.angel@gmail.com