My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

WIGGLE ROOM

Well now, I even seem to have unintentionally created some wiggle room for myself in my moderation plan!

Yesterday morning, in my fun conversation with my separated-bff-husband in Finland on a business trip!, he was so alive and happy and a little bit drunk because they HAD to drink cuz they jumped into the FREEZING water in a hole cut in the ice! Then they ran into the hot sauna!

I simply wanted to symbolically party with him last night! So I allowed myself a 4th drink---I had homemade silver tequila lemonade (never made that before, it was yum)---I had one drink per hour. I was feeling so fine and happy, I wanted another! But then I remembered that NO I didn't! If I did I would suffer in the night and the next morning! So I easily stopped.

And THEN I realized! Hey! I'm still moderating even though I went beyond my new 0-3 plan! : )
Cuz 4 is also moderating. So, how cool that when I go over my new mods limit of 3 by having 4 I'm still in my previous mods limit! No consequences in the night or this morning!

I'm Creating A Really Perfect Drinking Life For Myself And I LOVE It!

In case I didn't mention it in a while, when I say 0-3, that does indeed include nights I only drink 1 or 2; which happens frequently; as well as 0 happens frequently, like tonight will be.

Much Love To All
Much Success In Creating The Substance Use Of Your Dreams