My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Not Ready To Keep Booze In The House Yet

Note to self! (see Title!)

My LPP Coach (see link in right margin), wrote in her Feedback to me from Module 3 that I am grieving. She is right.

I guess I have been grieving my entire life.

Well, this too shall pass --- eventually --- maybe not in this lifetime.

Big triggers for me yesterday.

But I definitely won't be bringing into the house any more alcohol than I plan on drinking for a drinking day!


As a former CultAA Nazi, that part of me is trying to berate me and beat me up mercilessly and wanting me to hate myself for drinking too much yesterday --- as if it's not quite normal --- as if most people don't do it once in a while!

I choose instead to love myself through the hangover, and compliment myself for continuing on.
I still believe I'm fully capable of changing.