My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Oh Man How My FOO Is A Trigger For Me

I thought writing it out would be therapeutic, but I don't even have words for how I'm feeling right now; there are so many layers to it.

Oh, FOO = family of origin.

I don't need to drink over it; I have control over that; but it sure makes me want to drink!

The important thing is that I know I am being only kind, loving, and non-confrontational with them. And that I can work out my discordant feelings by myself. After all, things are mostly good between them and me now. That is, on the surface they are ONLY good now, and that is a huge change.

I Love Those People So Much. I know they love me too.