My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Returning To Sanity

It's a Very long tale of woe
But it's finally Over
And I'm done with my Stupid, Stupid, Abusive, Narcissistic FOO (family of origin) for good.
I'm an orphan for life.

All I Ever Wanted And Worked For My Whole Life With Them Was Truth, Communication, And Healing.

It's not in my Destiny though.

I only drank over it for two days in a row.
I was so deeply shattered, I thought for certain I would want to drink every day for quite a while.
I gave myself permission to do so, with love.

The first day I drank moderately, the second day I didn't. (Champagne was my drug of choice + weed)

Yesterday, something miraculously shifted in me and I had some inner peace and relief, and had no desire for substances, but DID desire Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra Core!


I believe seeing in my daughters' eyes the strength I forgot I had, all the love and support I received from my spiritual community of free-thinkers on Facebook, and a loan cousin, who showed up in my life on Facebook like a guardian angel --- greatly contributed to my healing. I have thanked them all profusely! ...Not to forget my girls' dad, who listened to and supported me long-distance while on a business trip!