My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

From "The 30 Day Sobriety Solution" by jack Canfield and Dave Andrews

Note: Sobriety means whatever you want it to mean, according to me, and according to them too!
I resonate with this book I started today.
My intention is 30 days of abs while I work through this book, which is a chapter a day with exercises, and a FREE interactive website. I'm going to post the links in the right margin of my blog.
We're asked to keep a journal.
Some days I will want to journal publicly, other days, I'll journal privately.
Here are questions asked in the book, which I will respond to:


The first question doesn't apply to me. Hurray!

Yes, I'm concerned about the effects my drinking has on finances, family,health, but not the rest in question two.

Yes, I've experienced frustration over not living up to my plans for drinking moderately all the time. And I've been discouraged about failing at moderate drinking sometimes, but not nearly as much since I started this blog as I used to be in my life! I'm not certain my drinking habits are holding me back from what I want to accomplish in life except on a pretty small scale.


Yes, I've always needed a private solution to achieve my goal of Abs-30 followed by more moderate drinking.

No, I'm not worried about people knowing how much I drink. That's why I have a public drinking journal blog.

No. I never care about drinking at public or social events, I can take it or leave it.

I have definitely felt my energy stagnating which is why I'm doing the Abs-30, and like a Divine Gift, this book practically fell into my lap right on cue. Thanks to a sweet friend on Facebook!