My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

I Just Had A Major Insight About How And Why I

"Fill Up On Love" wise teachers teach!
I haven't known how to do that!
I have often filled-up on alcohol or food as a way to fill up with love.
I didn't know how to fill up on love.
When I'm surrounded by love it has been understandably a symbol of my loneliness and how I've been rejected by love.
No wonder I tend to retreat from love energy.
It often doesn't feel real to me even though it feels very good in the moment; like the love you get on Facebook for example.
Facebook love is plentiful in my communities, and genuine. : )
But I can only take it in in small doses
And then I'll find myself retreating into myself and wanting to drink; hopefully moderately.

I can see now that I'm going to learn how to and be able to fill up on love energy from people more and more, and on alcohol and food less and less.

This is another gift I'm receiving from being in SARK and Marnie Northrups "Succulent Wild Body Cleanse!"

They accept me as I am: disease-ridden with ME/CFS and Hashimotos Thyroiditis, and not being able to do the 3rd week of the cleanse because, as you can see by the recipes I crossed off on the menu, I'm unable to eat.


These are goitrogenic foods and fermented foods my health has "issues" with.
Last week I was able to work around the goitrogenic foods and use them sparingly, but this week I feel I ought to avoid them more, and this week fermented foods were added which I truly must avoid, even though I love them. (Remember my boasting about Kombucha and how I love it? Recently learned it's bad for me due to lactic acid.)

I had some milestones today that I want to and deserve to celebrate!
I immediately think of tequila! LOL!
But I had this insight I'm writing about, and even though I chose to drink, progress has been made, and things are going to change and blossom for me more and more. : )

Structured Water with 1 oz. of silver tequila and fresh squeezed orange juice. : ) (and Huck Finn!)