My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Sweeet

It's like three weeks ago a seed was planted and yesterday it germinated.  : )
When I first heard about the Dryuary thing during the first week of January, I was so focused on and was in the momentum of my moderating plan that I didn't want to make the shift to doing an Abs-30 (well, I guess the Dryuary folks are doing a 31!)

So, January 31st is my 59th birthday, and this Abs-30 is like an early birthday present. : )

Yesterday was an awesome, healthy day for me. I can feel the shift in energy. Or as Matt Kahn talked about in his last video, circulating energy! Link: Matt Kahn Energy Update How important it is to circulate energy by doing things differently than you usually do them, even little things.  An Abs-30 is a big thing. (Not to mention he said my name! And I swear, he was talking to me personally, as a member of True Divine Nature and The Angel Academy! I've never had the pleasure of seeing him in person.)

I've never done a 30 before. I've only ever quit drinking "for good." I've never before been able to do this. It was either too hard for me, or to me it represented (due to years of brainwashing by CultAA) that if I abstain from drinking for 30 days it just means I'm an alcoholic who really can't and shouldn't drink at all. Until this day, the thought of doing a 30 represented my inability to ever be a moderate drinker. So, that's why for the past year I'd been focusing on and trying to moderate my drinking. I did prove to myself that I could go straight from weeks of mostly over-drinking to moderate drinking, without having to abstain from drinking for 30 days first. Does this make sense? Many programs that support moderate drinking suggest doing a 30-day alcohol-free period before attempting moderate drinking.

In 2013 and half of 2014 I drank on average once a month, but that's different, way different than this. I simply didn't desire more than that after that full year alcohol-free in 2012. Usually when I drank that once a month I drank too much. And I hadn't thought-out what moderation was for me yet then.


NOW is the time I'm FREE to do an ABS-30 for the sheer health and fun and energy circulating of it!


WOOT!!  As Always, I Know Many, Many Others Can Achieve This ---  You May Not Have A Clue How Magnificent And Powerful You Are!  (Assuming, of course, that I'm going to be successful myself and complete this thing!)