My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, January 11, 2016

So Much To Report

But first, here's the SWBC cleanse menu for this week. It Rocks! ... For the most part...



Just between you and me, I'm drinking tequila today, and I had a cup-o-coffee this morning!
After all, it wasn't booze or coffee that gave me the large breast lump and thyroid cyst last summer, it was another cleanse I did that was a juicing cleanse; high goitrogenic food content; 28 days; I drank no coffee or alcohol, I ate no sugar.

As a person challenged with Hashimotos Thyroiditis and ME/CFS.... I have to be cautious about what I put into my body.

The SWBC (Succulent Wild Body Cleanse) does have goitrogenic foods, but nothing like the quantity the juice cleanse had. Those foods are OK for me occasionally.

Nonetheless, I was panicky this morning over having to eat them every day (root veggies, kale, spinach---to name a few goitrogenic foods).

The breast lump went away in three months last year, but the thyroid cyst hasn't yet. The breast lump went away because I upped my dose of iodine/iodide. Also, I use only Celtic Sea Salt.

Because I still have the thyroid cyst, I found myself in a panic this morning over continuing this SWBC cleanse. I allowed myself to have coffee this morning and the tequila later. I am still following the eating plan, but I am avoiding the goitrogenic foods. I got a LOT of support from Marnie on the Facebook page about this! This program is gentle, loving, and kind, meets you where you are at, and asks you to listen to your own body and needs always. It's a program about self love and nurturing.