My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Eh Heh!

Due to the intensity of my morning yesterday which caused me an overload of excitement (very energetically sensitive being here!), I chose to start drinking at 1 p.m., rather than waiting until the evening!

This means I could have easily drank 6 beers over the hours instead of my loosely planned 4! I did open the 6th beer, took a few sips, didn't want it, and poured it down the drain. I LOVE pouring booze down the drain! It almost feels like a spiritual practice!

It Feels So Good To Only Have Drunken 5 under these circumstances! I'm ROCKIN sobriety!

It's All Good!

After posting in here yesterday morning, as well as my powerful post at my other blog yesterday morning (link in right margin), and then right after that an unexpected phone call from my sexy long-distance boyfriend(!), I just couldn't wait to get started drinking! All out of positive energy.

Like I said, I try to follow the promptings of the universe! That's why I generally don't plan specific drinking days. But I'm successful at sticking to how many days a week I intend to drink; which is 2 times a week, 3 is ok, and I'm aiming to get down to 1. Prior to this success I'd been drinking up to 5 times a week for several months. UGH.


MODERATION IS KING!
MODERATION IS EVERYTHING!