My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, April 15, 2016

It's The New Norm To Do The Impossible

  Take this very short video from Jack Canfield of The 30-Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin) for example:

  The 4-Minute Mile Solution

  He's right. And as for me personally I'm not even doing the book the way it was designed to do: One chapter every one or two or three days + quitting drinking for 30 days in a row. I'm doing it my own way and I'm still getting results.

  It's a bloody miracle, if you ask me, that for the first time in my long life I have been able to go from problem drinking to moderate drinking without having to quit drinking first! This is ACTUALLY happening!


  I'm really looking forward to enjoying a few beers tonight and watching quality TV! It's fun to plan ahead when I'm going to drink, it's also fun to go as the spirit moves me or the universe prompts me. One thing is for sure, I'll Never Have To Fear Alcohol Again. When I was into teetotaling due to thinking I couldn't drink, there was fear of drinking because I believed I would "go to jail, go insane, or die" as CultAA pounded into me since I was in my 20s.

  I'm allowing myself to drink twice (even three times, for now) a week; that's my drinking plan. I aim for once a week. Just a few short weeks ago I was averaging up to 4 or 5 times a week for several months. UGH. (but it served a purpose)

  This week I'll be drinking just twice: I drank on Tuesday (a lot, 6 drinks over many hours because I started at noon, and enjoyed it), and tonight, and then not again until next week which starts on Monday for me. I think it will feel easy and natural for me to only have about four beers tonight, but I'll let you know. I allow myself to have as much as I want, unlike when I was trying to keep it to 4 or less when I was drinking more often. It simply becomes more and more natural to drink less. I have this thing I do, also, where I always pour out the last half of the last drink!

  And please note: It's EASY and FUN to have substance-free days! None of that "white-knuckling" bullshit no mo!

  I attribute my success to many different things. The programs I've utilized, this blog and telling the truth, in general: Love as the Master Healer (especially the growing self love), sheer determination, personal and spiritual growth, becoming more productive in my day-to-day life, Finally Getting Rid Of My Fucking FOO! (family of origin)