My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I Had Too Much Fun Yesterday! ;)

I celebrated big-time after having returned to working on my memoir after three years away from writing it!

Boy, nothing like vodka and cannabis to spell PARTY!

I also do this thing where I become The Love Bug and bring Blessings and Healings to people I encounter, and they of course are providing the same right back to me! It always leaves everyone beaming with smiles and feeling good!
One person I met and chatted with was Maya, a homeless woman. It was awesome. Her strength and resilience truly inspired me. I was able to help her out with 10 bucks too that I happened to have on me.

Monday is the start of my drinking week. I didn't drink on Monday. I certainly won't drink today.
I'm working my way to drinking twice a week. I've gone from drinking 4 or 5 times a week the past couple months or so to drinking 3 times a week the past couple weeks.

My confession though: Sometimes I drive after I've been drinking to get more booze and THATS NOT COOL, and THAT HAS TO STOP NOW!

May My Honesty Bring Healing To The Situation


I have too much fun though, when I'm buzzed and interacting with people! Gonna be a hard habit to break, I think! But, clearly, I have no choice because it's CRAZY and STUPID and I'M RISKING IT ALL. I can't even stand to think about what could happen. It could potentially destroy our lives and others'!

I'M  SO  SORRY!
 NEED TO ALWAYS KEEP IT: