My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

More Focusing On Health

Like so many of us, I've been on a healing journey for a very, very long time. Regarding physical health issues, I certainly got more than my share. And using booze to self-medicate sometimes, in lieu of meds (don't take 'em, never will), has been a positive for the most part. (Not the only reason to drink, of course!)

Anywho, I'm so grateful I really am going to be able to remain a drinker; it's a fun perk in life. I admit I was worried there for a while that drinking was going to prove too problematic for me, just like in the past (those hundreds of times). I was even more worried that the CultAANazis were going to feel justified when I "failed" at drinking. LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up drinking just twice this week, instead of my "allowed" three times.
We shall see about that, but yesterday was a lovely abs day, as will today be.

Yesterday I started delving into this: www.hackinghashimotos.com

It's going to be a very thorough and intensive program to further help heal my health. It goes without saying that it will help me curb my drinking even more.

I don't have expectations of healing this one of my illnesses, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, because I've been sick with it for over two decades and because I'm 59 and with the devastating and debilitating disease of ME/CFS, but I do expect some positive results. And I'm certainly going to learn new things to try, to bring healing to my poor ole bod. In the two decades I've been so ill, I've done quite a bit of healing due to self efforts and luck. (I have yet to find in-network doctor's who can help me with either disease, or who even know much about them.)