My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Maybe Those Negative Influences Are Losing Their Power Over Me

The Majesty that is this universe of ours never ceases to amaze me.
But that's another story.

It's mind-blowing to learn just how Strong and Resilient you are, don't you agree?
The impossible things you survive and only to become stronger and better.

My beloved husband (we're happily separated) called me a Champion yesterday. That was very moving and meaningful to me. I called him a Champion too, because he is! Although, he certainly has never had a drinking problem, thank GodGoddessUniverse. : )

I could NOT have predicted that I would have so much control over my drinking this week under the circumstances I found myself in (see my other blog, link in right margin). Again, especially SO SOON after emerging from a long problematic binge.

And yesterday morning was especially hard on me and should have driven me to drink---But It Didn't! And I ended up having a happy, peaceful, sober day.

GAWD, I'm Proud Of Myself!!!
And WOW Am I Grateful!!!

And like my psychologist said in an email to me, "Glad to hear your drinking is starting to resemble normal."  : )
She and I exchanged emails recently when I reached-out to her in an email. I haven't needed her counseling services for quite a long time.

I'm in a bit of overwhelm this morning from working on my other blog: posting a post, and updating the header. It's painful, gut-wrenching stuff for me. It definitely makes me want to drink, just like I wanted to yesterday morning (wouldn't have started before noon) when dealing with things---leaning on my husband's strong shoulders over the phone in my utter devastation and despair. But then a solution came through, and I no longer wanted to drink. And the same thing will happen today.

And I especially love how this picture looks so much like my youngest daughter!