My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, October 12, 2015

3 1/2 Yesterday, Doing An Abstinence Day Today

3 1/2 beers wasn't too bad, but I really miss those abstinence days I'm used to doing regularly! And it's been over a week since I've had an alcohol-free day!

I'm really a new person, you know. Being able to abs so easily and moderate so easily; you may or may not be able to imagine how spectacular that is depending on your own history and experience with drinking.

I'm surprised I only drank 3 1/2 yesterday because I had a very intense therapy session (about my FOO = family of origin), and about the frightening situation at Jordan's work (previous post) yesterday, and those sessions always make me want to unwind with booze afterwards. My psychologist is the best of the best; truly "sees" me, "hears" me, and "gets" me. She was impressed with my drinking progress. I probably won't need to see her for a while, and I'll miss her! It had been almost a year since I'd seen her; then I saw her twice in two weeks.

I'm still working through LPP (link in right margin) at my own pace, and I still recommend that program! It really drives home for you your own values and motivations, and many other things, and really makes you think and assess. Although it's written for those who are wanting to quit drinking altogether, the program itself supports those who want to become moderate drinkers. It just means reading the questions with your own interpretation. The feedback you receive from your coach for each question is definitely catered to your personal goals. I did suggest they create a whole new program of modules worded for people learning to moderate.

Have A Beautiful Day, And May You Be Blessed!