My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Because It Needs To Go Deeper

Why I Chose To Drink That Extra Drink Yesterday Evening

My Husband's Life Is Threatened
And Maybe Mine And My Daughters' Are Too

WAIT!.... Not Directly! Not Worrying Anyone Here!!!

But there's this maniac at his work
Who has the very real potential
To go Postal
When he's Fired

. . .

May He Be Blessed

. . .

Absolutely No One gets fired where Jordan (is that the name we're using for you on this blog? :) ) works: The United States Navy (he's a Federal Employee, so, Civilian).

We have reason to be concerned, as this unfortunate soul is quite lost and an untreated vet with severe PTSD and apparently other mental illness as well as alcoholism.

Like I said, the depot never fires anyone; it's just the way they roll; no matter how poor of workers anyone might be, or in this soul's case, rarely showing up for work.

Long story short, after giving him chance after chance, it looks like this poor soul simply can't shape up, or get the help he needs. He causes a lot of trouble.

He blames Jordan, his boss, for all his problems, even though Jordan has done everything in his power to work with him, keep his cool, and follow protocol in all matters. It's very frightening.

He also sees his job as his life and will blame Jordan for taking his life away, per many emails, even though Jordan is not the one who will fire him; he doesn't have that authority.


Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't drink more than five drinks over this, considering how new to moderating I am.

. . .

I cried quite a lot out of fear.

Please pray for this man, and please pray for our safety as well.