My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

"It's Easy To Say No; It's Getting Easier All The Time To Say No"

Mantras are great because they teach your subconscious mind to accept it as truth.
The more you repeat a mantra, the less your subconscious mind rejects it as fiction.
The more you repeat a mantra, the more it is reinforced in your body as feeling true.
When I say this mantra now, it resonates throughout my entire being as truth.
So, now when I say it it makes me feel relaaaaxed and peaceful in my body; that means it's true.

"It's easy to say No; and it's getting easier all the time to say No" to 'having another drink' and 'drinking at all;' allowing my drinking days and abstinence days to flow effortlessly.

So, that's one of the secrets to my success!

I feel like listing some of the other



  • LOVE. Because LOVE Is The Master Healer; Loving whatever arises
  • Self Love. Because the more it grows the more I grow; loving myself where I was at as an over-drinker
  • Honesty. Because telling my truth works wonders
  • Support. Because support from my little family and my friends is everything
  • Structured Water. Because it's downright magical (link in right margin)
  • Smart Organizations. Because they are my teachers (links in right margin)
  • Health. Because I'm health conscious and am getting better at self-care and listening to my body
  • Timing. Because it's simply my time for this to happen for me
  • Spirituality. Because we've passed and survived a critical time (pre 9/27/15)
  • Perseverance. Because I never gave up conquering problem drinking
  • Luck. Because What-The-What?!-How-Is-This-Happening-For-Me?!