My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Wondered If Champagne Would Be A Problem, But It Wasn't

I simply HAD to celebrate my becoming a moderate drinker with a bottle of champagne, now didn't I!

Of course I did! :D

Since my successful moderating has been mostly with Omission beer, I was apprehensive about being able to have success with Wilson Creek Almond Champagne.


In the recent past, because that stuff is soo good, and the buzz is soo fun, I usually wanted at least one more glass.

So, I took a risk yesterday, and it paid off. And I remained within my four drink minimum.
Perhaps the cannabis helped this time to do that!

I am getting sick of daily drinking though (my last abs day was a week ago); but, still feeling like a kid in a candy store it's hard to stop myself from daily moderate drinking! Every time I succeed, it's another feather in my cap! Sorry for the old cliche! I'm having way too much fun successfully and easily drinking only four drinks or less every time I drink!

Not that I don't deserve to have fun, in my life of deprivation; I Do!

But not only is it not the real me to daily drink, it does take a toll on my particular health issues; if not a toll, then certainly it isn't helping my body any, except for the relieving stress factor. The fact that I don't take meds is a plus though---That's simply what's right for me. I do love how alcohol gives me energy though and makes my physical symptoms easier to tolerate.

And I still intend on getting to the place where I rarely have more than three drinks when I drink!
That will just be healthier, let's face it.