My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I Woke Up Pondering Doing A 30!

I feel spiritually inspired to consider abstaining from drinking for 30 days.
Not because I need to, but because I want to!
It sounds like fun!
I've never done it before!
I've never been a daily drinker, but I've only ever "quit drinking for good" before; out of fear; out of believing I was an alcoholic.
Now that I have almost 100% confidence built-up about myself as a moderate drinker, I might be mentally able to be alcohol-free without it meaning to my subconscious mind that it means I can't drink.
That's a mouthful of a sentence!
It could be an interesting experiment to see how I think and feel from day to day by doing a 30.
I certainly don't want myself to feel deprived of anything, and by now I shouldn't feel deprived at all!
After all, the world is never ever going to run out of booze!
There will always be all the booze I want whenever I want!
.....You know, barring the earth's Grid doesn't go down or anything!

whoa what a thought!

Well, I'll be pondering away about this today; doing a 30; joining some of my friends who are doing one.

Just waking up over here. Enjoying my 8 oz. of Peet's coffee with cream. :D