My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

What If I'm Underestimating My Ability To Moderate?

What if I'm ALREADY fully able to drink moderately or not at all? ?

What if I'm not giving myself enough credit and therefore sabotaging myself? ?


What if I can Declare To The Universe:

I  D R I N K  O N L Y  M O D E R A T E L Y !       ?


Otherwise, why could I even be able to moderate or abstain at all at this point? ?
Like yesterday's three casual, slow beers, even though there was more in the fridge, even though I was under duress? !


I LOVE drinking moderately! And I LOVE abstaining too!
I Love Myself when I do these things!
I Love my Life more when I do these things!
I feel Good in my Body when I do these things!
I feel Safe when I do these things!
I feel Smart when I do these things!


May I Proclaim Now that I will only ever drink one - three drinks, sometimes four, and that I will drink on average one drink per hour the days I choose to drink!

Could It Really Be That Easy?  ?  !


All I can tell you for sure is that It Feels So Good, And I Feel So Relaxed In My Body when I say that!!
It feels so Good in my body and my mind and my soul when I say that!

And So It Is!