My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, October 30, 2015

I Just Can't Wait For This Current Crisis To Pass

Surely The Dark Night Of The Soul couldn't be any worse than this.
Surely that's what I'm going through.

Nonetheless, once again, it's easier to say no to more alcohol than it is to wake up in the morning feeling so sick and so scared; which is what happens when I drink too much for me.

I'm glad I'm strong enough and able enough to practice that still (if I am), and to do it now in the middle of one of the worst crises of my life. There's no emotional pain I can recall that is worse than what I'm experiencing right now.

Thank you for listening to me.