My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Exempt Period: Mid November - Mid February

I'm brand new at this, you remember
This blog
Learning to moderate drinking consistently

At this time I have recognized something
Exempt Months
Months that are exempt from requiring consistent moderate drinking

And THAT has been what's been going on
And is why I'm struggling since December to moderate more

For me, and I'm positive Many Others
When you have issues with your FOO (family of origin) and your love life
This is the most difficult period in the calendar year

For me it's
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years
My Birthday
Valentines Day

Look
I keep getting more and more honest with myself
And insights continue to be revealed

I will figure it out

Either that, or my Exempt Period will remain my Exempt Period until something radical changes in those two categories: FOO or love life.

But in my drinking experience while practicing drinking, this latest now deemed Exempt Period has been the most successful one I've ever had! It has been the most controlled, moderate drinking in my history of mid-November - mid February.

....Wait, no, 2013-2014 were the best. And 2012 I was alcohol-free.

I feel sooo much more relaxed in my body, and sooo much more confident that that must mean I've stumbled onto a truth.


The Little Engine That Could