My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Movie Of My Life Exercise

I really enjoyed doing this action step today on Day 8 from The 30 Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin)!:


What upsets me the most in watching that character in the movie that is me is how she is blinded to how magnificent she truly is, how powerful she really is, what a phenomenal survivor she surely is, the genuine healer she was born to be, And That She Can't See She Already CAN Master Alcohol And Her Drinking! And what she Keeps Doing To Herself (and others) because she can't see that she is fully capable of living the moderate drinking life of her dreams and of never having to punish herself again with over-drinking.

The hero of mine sitting next to me while I was watching The Movie Of My Life that popped into mind first was Shirley MacLaine! When I ask her what she thought of the person in the movie, do you know what she said?

"She's Perfect. Just The Way She Is. She's An Inspiration And An Exemplar. And, the only Denial she's ever been in regarding alcohol is believing that she can't control her drinking."