My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Stop It Stop It Stop It

Stop referring to people with problem drinking as "alcoholics"
That helps No One

Only 10% of problem drinkers are alcoholics

That means they can change

Stop It Stop It Stop It !

Stop calling problem drinkers alcoholics and condemning them for life into a lie.

One example:  Johnny Manziel, NFL Pro

And how on The Dr. Oz Show, during the latest stunning conversation with Charlie Sheen, Dr. Oz said in reference to Manziel,

"I love talking to alcoholics, for example, who have stopped drinking, because they have insights I can't possibly garner."

Whether or not Oz had a conversation with Manziel or not (and I'm not into football, but this story caught my attention), Stop Calling Problem Drinkers Alcoholics!

Just STOP It!!!

That's SOOOO old paradigm.
That's SOOOO CultAA-speak

Only 10% of problem drinkers are alcoholic.