My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I'm So Grateful I'm Honoring My Vows To Self

(1) From several years ago: Never to go back to CultAA or other recovery movement mentality groups that demand dependency upon them
And 2) Never to do an abs-30 again)

I'm so grateful that even though I lost control of my drinking I didn't fall back into the old pattern of black and white, all or nothing thinking. I'm glad, though I may have been tempted to break my vow of never abstaining from drinking for 30 days, I didn't give-in; I know I'm stronger than that.
And I Know I Ought To Trust My Own Vow!

I explained in a link in the previous post why I made that vow.

Yes, I did get to the place where I am sick of drinking! Hurray that it's holding, and I'm thoroughly, thoroughly enjoying these last two consecutive substance-free days.

I think it's the powerful Creative Visualization technique I did that I learned in The 30 Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin), where I clearly saw, felt, knew, etc. myself as a successful Sobrietist, that might have been a catalyst for this change. And I think because the over-drinking I did a couple days ago after doing that powerful visualization, just couldn't be a vibrational match for my being anymore. Yay!

It's fun being a Sobrietist who gets to call the shots about whether she drinks or not!
No outside pressure from any other source to drink or not to drink or how many days not to drink in a row!; Just Me!