My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Went From Not Feeling Good About Myself Today To This

A 0 day for me. First one since my birthday last Sunday. Today is Saturday. It  feels really good.

It seems to me that my problems are so small and so easy to fix. So why do I make it so difficult? Cuz I'm just trying to have fun? Yes, cuz I'm just trying to have fun.

If it's this easy to drink 0, and if my only problem is a mere 1-3 drinks (over my mods limit), I must stop being so hard on myself,  and I must start seeing that I really don't have a problem. I really simply have choices.

And I'm So Lucky that drinking just 1-3 drinks beyond my mods limit of 4 makes me suffer so much physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually in the night and the next day. I'm lucky because if it didn't do that imagine how much I would drink regularly?!

Not that 1-3 drinks isn't a lot. Alcohol being what it is and all.

There are a lot of reasons I over drink when I do. Good and bad issues.

But, truly, tonight I am once again recognizing and remembering how lucky I really am.

I'm starting to believe that I Really Can be a consistent moderate drinker, and that I certainly don't have to abstain from drinking alcohol for 30 days to get there.


This new program I'm on Day 7 in, The 30 Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin) says something I'm going to prove wrong, because I already have proven it wrong already last year when I switched rather effortlessly from pretty regular over-drinking to mostly moderate drinking:


I posted on the forum about this today, but didn't hear anything back:

2/6/16 Day 7

I could use some support from ADMIN for my particular needs.

Jack and Dave write in the book:  "This 30 days of abstinence is imperative for your success."

It's IMPERATIVE?
If that's true for EVERYONE?, then I'm doomed for failure.

I'm going to have to dig deep within myself and believe in myself to succeed without doing an Abs-30 even if no one else believes in me. I know it's also written in the book that it doesn't matter if no one else believes in you, it only matters that you believe in yourself. But it hurts me to read that it's imperative for my success as a consistent moderate drinker to do something I am simply unable to do for Very Real Reasons.


Respectfully, Jaya

This from the book is more like it!: