My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Shit!

My post at The 30 Day Solution (link in right margin), the program that doesn't see alcohol as the problem, that knows 1 in 3 people have a drinking problem, that 90% of them are not alcoholics.

Profile photo of jaya
jaya
Participant
In case anyone is still reading this thread, I think I’m in a bit of trouble.
In case anyone is still reading this thread, I think I’m in a bit of trouble.
I’m figuring out that I must have a lot of feelings to feel and a lot of issues to face and deal with; unwanted feelings, and unwanted issues.
Because I seem to have lost my ability to drink moderately. I drank to excess yesterday.
I want to start over today on doing that Abs-30, because I clearly need it; I know that undeniably now.
It may not even be just feelings and issues to deal with, it may also be that I’ve gotten in the habit of drinking too much a lot of the time over the past month or so.
I’m really bummed because I didn’t realize how much certain things were bothering me in my life; mostly regarding my FOO (family of origin), who are the abusive bane of my existence and the key reason I don’t feel worthy of love or worthy of sobriety. I thought I had successfully dealt with all that already, as I’ve been healing from them my whole life. But when they don’t respect my wishes of No Contact unless it’s to deal with the issues, I think it really messes with my entire being.
Jaya