My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

P.S. About The Book/Program

I've noticed strongly, 8-days-in, that even though this book/program,

The 30 Day Sobriety Solution -- How To Cut Back Or Quit Drinking In The Privacy Of Your Own Home (link in right margin)

attempts to be for both options?

It really isn't.

It's clearly and obviously bent towards quitting drinking.

Yeah, I feel a bit duped, but these good, well-intentioned folks are also victims of The Recovery Movement Mentality just like the rest of us are. And the thinking of the well written book, that has amazing insights and offerings, is definitely mostly stuck in old paradigm thinking. Meaning, if you are a problem drinker your only course is to quit drinking.

I'm not giving up on the program yet though. I'm learning and growing in it.



All I can say is

I Guess It's Up To Me To Write The Book About Transforming Into A Moderate Drinker