My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

I Have Such A Fun New Idea : )

Born solely from desire,
My plan is to drink only once a week!
I wonder how long it will take me to achieve it?
I have such good help,
And such good tools,
Between The 30 Day Sobriety Solution (link in right margin),
And Jean Houston's course I'm in, Unlock Your Quantum Powers. Link
In my vast experience with drinking and sobriety,
When I want one thing more than the other thing I'm successful!
Like all the times I've quit drinking;
I wanted sobriety more than I wanted to drink so it worked.
In 2014 it was easy for me to drink just once a week. That was following 2013 when I drank once a month, and 2012 when I was alcohol-free (as well as cannabis; when I quit one, I quit the other; that's just me).
But NOW?,
Now I have this momentum built up,
This habit of drinking quite often.
I don't think it's going to be a cakewalk to change; to achieve my goal!
But I had three 0 drink days this week, so I'm already halfway there!
My, I Surely Do Want It!
I Surely Do Want To Drink Only Once A Week!
More Than I Want To Drink More Than Once A Week!

Water!