My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Rethinking Champagne --- That Is, Recalculating The Drink Count

GOSH, what a shocker.
All this time I thought I was only drinking 4 standard drinks when I enjoyed a bottle of Wilson Creek Almond Champagne.
What a disappointment to learn today that I was actually drinking 5 standard drinks. : (

As you know, it's calculated by alcohol content.
Wilson Creek has 11% alcohol.
Which equals 5 standard drinks in a 25 oz. bottle (750ml).
(Be Aware: Most standard bottles of wine are 7 or 8 standard drinks due to most often 12.5%–14.5% alcohol content!)(So when women say they drink a bottle of wine; you know, how lots of women drink a bottle of wine at night; ....you get the picture!)(I Had No Idea!)(Oh GodGoddessUniverse, those poor women! They deserve better!; ie: less alcohol!)

Luckily,
I learned this after buying a bottle of Ballatore Moscato Rose Sparkling Wine today.
Only 8% alcohol.
4 standard drinks in the bottle.
AND it's 3 or 4 dollars cheaper!

It's so important to me to count drinks and to be accurate.

And this new awareness about the Wilson Creek explains a lot of things regarding how it effected me when I drank a bottle!

I still drink my booze with lots of Structured Water (link in right margin) because it helps EVERYTHING: It neutralizes all the toxins, it keeps you hydrated--which prevents hangovers too, and it gives the booze a bigger punch which does help you control how much you drink!