My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Feel So Good About What I'm Doing -- It Must Be Right!

Not only am I actually mostly happy now about my progress, but I'm learning that I'm helping others! And I'm apparently a role model for some!

What a fun mission I'm on! I seem to be getting 50 - 100 readers a day according to the stats. :D

I deliberately chose not to have comments on my blog; it's not that kind of a blog! But people can email me via my Profile to the right if they want.

I just hoooope I don't hear from any AANazis!!! I could live very happily if I never again got accosted by another one of them this lifetime!

~~~

Yesterday's drinking experience was interesting. I suddenly started having cravings for alcohol early, around noon. I think that was the first time in a week that that happened. I have been a rather regular liquid lunch gal prior to a week ago. I loved to start drinking early in lieu of eating food, and I'd eat when I was done drinking; anywhere between, say, 4 pm. - 6 pm. I rarely drank more than 6 drinks. But for my sensitive system that's at least twice too much. More recently though, even when I started drinking early, I'd usually stop after 4 or 5 drinks.

So, my pleasure now is to only drink 2 or 3 drinks (but not everyday; I'll never be a daily drinker), and because I'm easily learning new skills through the very loving LPP (link to the right), I'm more tuned-in to my body to know what time of day I can start drinking in order to make it doable and easy for me to follow my plan.

I chose to arm wrestle my drinking cravings (per post below), and I won. I rather effortlessly delayed drinking until 4 pm. I bought a 6-pack of Fat Tire Amber Ale, enjoyed 3 cold ones in 3 hours (normal drinking), and gave the rest to Jordan when he stopped by -- to his great delight!

I'm really interested in drinking just two drinks, but yesterday just wasn't the time yet to start that?

The last three times I drank I drank three. The two times before that I drank four. And I reeeaallly hope I'm done drinking that many. I hope I'm done drinking four or five drinks like I was when I started this blog. My body suffers when I drink more than three, and my behavior is at risk of changing for the worst, which isn't fair to anybody I love, including me.

~~~

This post is getting boring; droning on and on. LOL.


When I woke up this morning, there was a very familiar twinge of fear. I slept like a baby, by the way, and I'm sure the cannabis last night helped. God Bless Cannabis! Including CBD tincture!

I try to ask my body questions. "Is this fear from the past or the present?" The answer I got was "Both."

I get to keep working on tweaking my drinking choices. Drinking more water surely helps!

My Very Cool Water Bottle: