My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Progress Rocks! I Want It To Get Better Faster Though.

I'm following my plan but still drinking too much for me.

For one thing I value a good night's sleep above almost anything. I'm now a really good sleeper, which is a rare gift for an ME/CFS patient.

Those 4 standard drinks, with lots of Structured Water, even though I stopped drinking hours before bedtime, were too much and disrupted my sleep.
I hate getting up many times in the night to pee!
I don't like feeling negatively affected by alcohol in any way.

My ideal at this time would be to drink once a week, moderately.
I'm still like a kid in a candy store when it comes to "getting" to drink, "getting" to be a drinker, and testing my limits, so I think the best I can shoot for right now is drinking twice a week.

It's going to be hard to get back to that, I'm telling you.
But when I'm successful at not drinking more drinks in a day than I planned, the battle is half won.
(Still remembering how long it took me to shake the sugar habit, so this will take time too.)

But I'm also telling you that I'm changing for the better.
And LPP (link to the right), as well as my super honesty, especially to myself, is doing wonders.

One of the biggest miracles I'm receiving right now is having released that all or nothing thinking,
"I'll never drink again!!!" or "I can't drink!"

Just that miracle alone has already made it easier to drink more moderately.