My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015



This is how I'm feeling today, so I want to cultivate that!

When I reflect on how far I've come in my life, I'm reminded how Possible my goal to become a consistently moderate drinker really is.

But that it does take time.

It took me Years to conquer sugar and food and coffee and gluten. But I did it, and I've remained Healed (moderate) for many years. I did all that on my own.

When I think what I accomplished with alcohol all on my own in 2013 and 2014, I really ought to be astounded. I drank just once a month, sometimes twice.

And now I'm doing the LPP program (link in right margin). I've only completed two out of 8 modules, and I'm already feeling the transformative impact of it. The last module was about Values and the next one is about Motivation.

I'm starting to think that no matter what the odds are against a 58-year-old woman with a long history of alcohol abuse are, I Will Beat Them.

I know LPP has an 80% success rate, but I don't yet know the break down (age/gender/length of problem.)