My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

This Really Hit The Spot Tonight

It's pretty close to my bedtime here!

So, an abs day, per my desire; alcohol-free, weed-free. Very nice.

Tonight I discovered something suspicious and unsettling with my body; a health matter.
God only knows what's going on thus far.
But, of course, it made me nervous and anxious.

Well, that's not helping my heart any!

But my thought and desire was to make myself a soothing, relaxing cup of chamomile tea.
Mmmmm, and that's exactly what I did.

Amazing how healing something so simple and pure can be. :)

I posted about it on Facebook with these pictures of the best mug on the planet! From a long-ago trip to Disneyland with my little family! And how the pictures don't do the mug justice and diminishes its colors, textures, and designs!

Then I remembered the healing magic of CBD tincture, and added a few drops to my tea.
Wow.
I'm lucky.
I don't know how many of my friends have legal access to the healing potion.

I'd never sipped it before either. I've only ever put some in a glass with an ounce of water and downed it like a shot!

I'm really onto something here tonight! The combo of the tea plus slow consumption of the CBD is perfect!
I feel so wonderfully, peacefully relaxed but not high. And I feel very happy.