My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I'm Doing Great And I Know I Can Do Better

I know that teetotalers don't live as long as moderate drinkers,

And I know that drinking up to 35 drinks a week is still healthier than being a non-drinker; and that such drinkers tend to live longer than non-drinkers. But I don't drink nearly that many drinks in a week.

I also know that for me, if I have 5 standard drinks, I'll usually get symptoms in the night that I think must be affecting my heart health?

Like waves of anxiety followed by waves of my heart racing, and lots of waves of sweating too.

I'm going to look into this and post again about it.