My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Friday, August 21, 2015

My Post To HAMS, And My Plan

(see link for HAMS in right margin)


As Great As I Feel I've Been Doing, It's Time To Make And Stick To A Plan

Thanks greatly to my human barometer, my oldest daughter! God Love Her! Both my girls are in college and live with me.
She's visibly upset with me and I think most of that has to do with past memories when I taught my daughters to believe I was an alcoholic, because that is what I was taught to believe about myself.
So, she's upset because she knows when I'm drinking now because I stopped hiding it. (So FREEing!) But I've been drinking every-other day on average; 3 - 4 standard drinks lately.

Given that she is upset, and given that my children have always been my barometers in life since they were born (about everything and anything  ), I Am Paying Attention To That!!

Her feelings and responses are showing me that it's time for me to make the change I have been wanting to make for a while!

So This Is IT, friends!

I AM COMMITTING TO DRINKING ONLY TWICE A WEEK.

I know it's going to be hard; I'm in such a habit of drinking so often; but since I'm NOT an alcoholic---just in an addictive habit with my weakness---of course I can do this.

I probably will have a LOT of work to do utilizing the HAMS tools, and delving deeper into the LPP (Life Process Program) --- but I say BRING IT!

I won't drink until Monday or Tuesday (today being Friday, I drank yesterday), and then not again til Saturday, the full moon! I love drinking on the full moon and am looking forward to it! 

Please wish me Luck, Strength, Determination, and Diligence!  Oh! And Willpower!

Thanks! Jaya