My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I'm So OVER It

I'm drinking today
I'm drinking early
It was just one of those days
I don't know why
But I honor myself and my choices

I've had two standard drinks in two hours
I have one more available to me here

I have No desire for more
I don't know why
Normally I would want to go get more
That is, normally until a week ago

I'm so fucking Over It

I'm so fucking Over wanting to drink more

What's happening to me?!!!!

I will tell you the truth
But it will absolutely surprise me
If I do end up wanting more
Than three today
Even though I'm apparently in a getting intoxicated mood