My Drinking History: Over four decades of mostly problem drinking, five drunken-related arrests in my 20s (the early 80s), of abstinence and binge-drinking, of trying moderation and usually-or-often failing, of being immersed in almost every other recovery group out there, but of being mostly sober.

Monday, August 24, 2015

The Morning After

I had such a strong emotional need to drink yesterday, I didn't even try to utilize the many tools at my disposal to not drink. I simply chose to make Sunday my drinking day instead of today, Monday.

I did switch to kombucha after 4 1/2 beers. I highly recommend doing that. Good stuff.



I'm now thinking that trying to drink only twice a week is too lofty a place to start right now as my goal. I think I'll work my way up to that. I'm planning on letting myself drink every third day if I want to.

I simply want and need to stop drinking every-other day as I had been doing. Drinking yesterday was the third day, so that's more progress.

Progress is slow, and LPP (link in right margin) told me it would be slow, so I can't berate myself.... even though it's natural for me to do so.


It's comforting knowing that drinkers live longer than non-drinkers, and that women can healthily drink 9 drinks a week. But, every woman (and man) is different, and really has to find for themselves what is best for them.


I have a doctor's appointment this morning I'm nervous about.

I hope I won't drink before Wednesday.

I got high on weed yesterday too and went a little crazy on Facebook, I think! Guess I'll find out when I log-in there today!